• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor Battery Life?

I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi/4G model and after charging the device over night the battery drains way to quickly.

I am running the stock OS, nothing has been modded. I keep the device on power saving and the screen brightness is usually at around 70-80%. Wifi is turned off but 4G is turned on because i'm outside on the go.

If I am out enjoying a coffee or something and browsing websites, talking on Skype, emails etc the device seems to drain and shut off at around 1 hour 30 minutes at most. It just does not seem to be giving me anywhere close to the 9 hours they advertise.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have a faulty battery/device? Is this normal and the 9 hour battery claim is a complete lie?

I would really appreciate any assistance.

One thing you should know about 4G network is that is consumes a lot of power from your, you didn't mention which network you are using while on email and websites, regardless, of whether its wi-fi or 4G, it will still take alot of your power. when using the internet, a lot of power is also consumed. Learn to completely close apps running on the background; like Skype, before doing any other task like checking e-mails. I would also recommend you to download and use; battery doctor, its very resourceful when it comes to power management. I think your battery is health, but your consumption might be heavy on it.

I get around 6-7 hours with Google apps disabled (sync for Google disabled and unneeded Play apps 'turned off') and screen at its dimmest setting. This 6-7 hours is with screen on the entire time

Back
Top Bottom