• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor reception for Victory

Teddor58

I have the Samsung Galaxy Victory and it is rooted, however the reception for 3G/4G is really really BAD, Is there a tweak for this I sure could use a quick fix. Thanks In Advance

Thanks for your reply, not to many people want to reply to posts here, however I have wireless at home which I use, Its when I moving around town that the reception really sucks so I really can't use an antenna. I really do love the Victory as I'm working oin my forth one now (I bricked one, somehow), I really do wish that I could do sometyhing about the volume as it's so hard to hear people when I on the phone, do you have similar problems?

Did you check the link? It shows were nearby towers are located.
I don't make a lot of calls but I don't notice a problem with the volume indoors. Outdoors, I don't expect much anyway.

I've had a Victory (FreedomPop) for five months and love the service...'s price! Despite being only about 1 mile from a 4G tower, I get crappy reception at home. OK most other places. Because the primary use for this phone is "tethering" use as home wi-fi, the only good signal is with the phone at a south-facing window. So I made a little holder for it and that is where the Victory lives :) I've had great fun rooting and playing with the software. I bought a 2nd Victory and bricked it in just a few hours...?

I'm even closer to my tower. It's next door at the high school. Problem is , it's the only one serving the south side area. I'm on VM so I guess I'm also competing with preferred Sprint users. It's always Preparing network... Performance was very solid until May when Sprint did some work and "upgraded" the tower.

Did you check the link? It shows were nearby towers are located.
I don't make a lot of calls but I don't notice a problem with the volume indoors. Outdoors, I don't expect much anyway.
I just checked it out and it says that around me there are 105 towers and 526 antenna's, so I guess I really shouldn't have reception issues, but I do! That sucks about your Sprint tower.

I like the maps locating the individual towers and antennas. More indicative of what to expect.
My reception is mostly good enough for my basic needs. But it can always be better ,right?

I might give Open Signal a try. I have Network Signal Info but it's not very helpful, and/or I don't understand what it tells me.

Back
Top Bottom