• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help port forwarding?

Ltzeonyx

so i have the lg esteem on metro pcs and ive rooted it. i aso use wifi tether to play games on my laptop using my 4g, but i cant pay diablo 2 because i get a error saying port 6112 is closed. ive tried the port forwarding app but it doesnt work. ive also ran a port scanner i found that says port 53 on my phone is the only port open. any assistance in solving my problem would be appreciated.

so i have the lg esteem on metro pcs and ive rooted it. i aso use wifi tether to play games on my laptop using my 4g, but i cant pay diablo 2 because i get a error saying port 6112 is closed. ive tried the port forwarding app but it doesnt work. ive also ran a port scanner i found that says port 53 on my phone is the only port open. any assistance in solving my problem would be appreciated.

You cannot forward ports since you are behind NAT while using MetroPCS's internet. Metro would have to forward the port and there is no way they will ever do that.

not only that the ip off your phone changes every so often. dont believe me check your ip at www.whatismyip.com then wait 15-20 min and recheck it you should have a different ip.

is there any kind of back door i could use on my laptop to not need to open the port. i can bridge the connection to my ps3 and pay mw3 online im hoping theres some way to play something as simple as D2. o by the way my nat type is 3 according to my ps3.

not only that the ip off your phone changes every so often. dont believe me check your ip at www.whatismyip.com then wait 15-20 min and recheck it you should have a different ip.

That does not report your phones IP, that is the IP of the MetroPCS internet gateway you are connecting through. It likely changes based on which tower you are connected to. Your phones IP will be one in a range of IP addresses which are reserved for use on internal (non-internet routable) networks. The gateway is what provides internet access (it routes packets between the two networks).

IP address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9Kqcm.png

Use an app like Network Info II (IPv6 tab will show your IPv4 address on the top) and you will see your phones actual IP address, it will be in one of those address ranges.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aws.apps.networkInfoIi

is there any kind of back door i could use on my laptop to not need to open the port.

Use a home internet connection, problem solved. Cellular networks aren't very good for gaming anyway due to the high latency (although Verizon's LTE network is not bad in this department).

thts why id been trying to use my phone i dont have a home connection. i dont get any lag from my metro service on mw3 tho so im lucky for that. if anyone can think of a possible way to use a workaround for D2 let me know its the only pc game i cant play atm.

thts why id been trying to use my phone i dont have a home connection. i dont get any lag from my metro service on mw3 tho so im lucky for that. if anyone can think of a possible way to use a workaround for D2 let me know its the only pc game i cant play atm.

I'm sure you get lag, you probably don't notice it though because you're not used to having low latency (50ms and lower). Metro is usually over 200ms.

i get about 100ms im in a good 4g area, its not to bad at all. i was excited when i realized i could share my 4g with my ps3. ive been to many different cell stores and computer stores to ask about my issue and none of them seem to know anything. not even the ppl who root and flash phones.

i get about 100ms im in a good 4g area, its not to bad at all. i was excited when i realized i could share my 4g with my ps3. ive been to many different cell stores and computer stores to ask about my issue and none of them seem to know anything. not even the ppl who root and flash phones.

You might be able to use a VPN service to get around this. I'd check if they offer port forwarding before hand though, I'm not sure if any VPN providers offer this. Android has built-in support for VPNs so you'll only need to configure your phone to use it.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/smartphones/securely-connect-your-android-smartphone-via-vpn/3321

Port 6112 is not open on Android devices.
I have a Touch Pro 2 running winmo 6.5. Hotspot or usb tether on the winmo 6.5 does allow me to host on port 6112. However, turning on the 2.3.4 froyo and enabling the Android hotspot will close down the port 6112 on the same device! I have not found any solution to fix this. Android sucks big time on that department.

Back
Top Bottom