• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Port Request

I have no idea how to port at all. I looked into it and it is too much for me lol. Im not too worried about it but i was wondering if anyone could port this rom ? i understand it takes time but i just wanted someone to do it. Im kinda useless when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks !

[ROM+KERNEL][25/08][ANR6] ♪★&#96… | Galaxy S III Mini | XDA Forum

Can someone work on this rom ?

I'll l look into.it after I am done with my libdroid toggles mod. It's a stock so it should be easy for me. Porting is easy and fun there are plenty of porting guides on XDA and around the world. Remember nothing is to hard or impossible I've seen someone port a gsm s3 ROM to epic 4g touch cdma with a few bugs. So that will take any doubt away of is this impossible

Okay Thanks ! Sounds great. I might get into it but im not sure. Whats is ur libdroid toggles mod for? Stock rom for t599 or a custom rom tou are working on ?

Okay Thanks ! Sounds great. I might get into it but im not sure. Whats is ur libdroid toggles mod for? Stock rom for t599 or a custom rom tou are working on ?

Honestly bud IMA tell you something that might sound harsh and be great at the same time. Nobody is really going to port it unless they want to or have to.

This ROM is a stock s3 mini and that phone already uses vital keys to make it work in our phone t599 model you just need to learn what to port and what are the important files and code that makes it work. Most will start with the boot IMG and match it with our stock ROM

S3 mini ROM boot image
Our sgh-t599 models boot image
Make needed changes/and or replace to our phone boot this ROM.

It's that simple to say it works. But to actually do it is depending on the will from you and other devs. My stock 15 libdroid toggles are for stock as I do not care to use aosp. I enjoy 4.1.2 while its a stable os android version and I can add on my own code to fit me as I please. So to answer your question this mod I am working on is for stock and allows use of stock toggles but for devs you can change em to how you see fit. Understand?

The Ink effect mod I did was actually really easy cause I relied on my brain instead of guides. It was a simple change that took me 4 days to figure out and really only required 2 files unless you didn't already have ripple effect. Decompile secaettings remove one line recompile decompile android policy add a few files recompile done you did it (for ripple effect decompile frameworks-res change one line :false to true: recompile done.

A lot of the misteaks was me cause I didn't read and learn. And a lot of help was from a few people I know and my wife pushing me to make it happen. Have fun with coding but don't give up.

Okay. The only reason I wanted it was because it is galaxy s5 and s4 mixed ROM. But I'll see what I can do. And yeah ur ink effect was great. A little laggy when first used but cleared up after a few times.

I wish I could find a quick run down course on how to develop for android... I've tried getting into it then everything is just overwhelming and then not knowing where to start...

I might take a course in it when I go back to reenroll into college, I taught myself Advanced HTML and Image Design, HTML was just sourcing here and there copying snipplets trial error retry trial error retry success and asking away, image design was just exploring around and having fun.

But I have no idea where to start or begin on android development. LoL

I wish I could find a quick run down course on how to develop for android... I've tried getting into it then everything is just overwhelming and then not knowing where to start...

I might take a course in it when I go back to reenroll into college, I taught myself Advanced HTML and Image Design, HTML was just sourcing here and there copying snipplets trial error retry trial error retry success and asking away, image design was just exploring around and having fun.

But I have no idea where to start or begin on android development. LoL

I tell you what. Start here in this list and move on to the next as you complete it.

First google your mod you want. Research for it.
Then download needed files to add to your apk.
Decompile your apk. Follow and make needed changes. Believe it or not. You can take the 4.2 panel guide and make your own systemui I have a stock 4.2 grid layout with brightness and volume sliders in the toggle layout. Along with a new looks to the notify layout panel. And all I did was read move some code around. Done. The XML and image theming are somewhat easy. Its the smali that's a pain in the ass.. I didn't know where to start a n I first tried porting cm7.1 to a newer device. I failed badly but then I ketp to it and even though I stopped I still sent out 2 more ports. The ink effect was merely just enabling them. The flare effect from the s4 was an add-on . if you want you can make your own ROM from using that s3 ROM. Copy the apps and whatever else until your ROM is cooking :D

Okay. Im currently using stock rom. Are u making the togfkes into a flashable zip or what ?

Well sir you see. When I am done I will make a flashable zip so yes. But they are not working. So yea. Its a pain cause I cannot find statusbarservice.smali in systemui to save the life of me. There is phonestatusbar.smali which is I guess for ics/jellybean statusbarservice.smali is for Ginger bread

i have a request for a rom port also is there a way to port this rom and does this rom have apps to sd capabilities. if not any idea on how to get that in a ported rom. and i tried carbon rom very very buggy and glitchy. any help i would love.

so no one will port this rom ?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. This rom is based off of the mini's stock firmware so I don't know how you would port that over. Most roms for phones are roms based off of the phone's stock firmware or roms that use cm11 as a base. I'm not a dev though so I'm just guessing.

i have a request for a rom port also is there a way to port this rom and does this rom have apps to sd capabilities. if not any idea on how to get that in a ported rom. and i tried carbon rom very very buggy and glitchy. any help i would love.

You really want apps to sd huh lol. You should give carbon another try. I've actually had no problems with carbon rom aside from data not working sometimes after a reboot so i don't know what these bugs and glitches you speak of are.

the newest update is full of alot of bugs. witch one is the version that you have had no bugs with.

Honestly it doesn't matter what version of the ROM you have there will always be bugs. There were really only a handful if people who took to dumping Roms, porting aosp and making changes to get half ass Roms working. I'm not saying they don't work or very bad. But yes any ROM will have bugs.

About app to SD if you want this feature there is a thread on XDA s3 mini "which is our phone sgh-t599n " that shows you how to enable it I'll look for it and edit this post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2596290
Originally posted on XDA by morepre

Quick Tutorial in how to Link2SD on your T599

UPATED

Check the Tutorial Video !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6cJNSyyOw&feature=youtu.beYouTube Video

Hi guys Im not an expert but i just found a way in how to give more space to your internal memory of our phone galaxy exhibit T599 that probably much of you guys know about it but there are also plenty of people that doesn't know how to do it !

Disclaimer
Im not responsible for any damage you do to your phone in this process even its totally safe s%$*t! Can happen!

You will need a Rooted Device to proceed !

You will need to download this apps from the market

1 Link2SD

2 Aparted (sd card partition)

3 BusyBox

To have the most internal memory space i recommend to de-bloat your device of unnecessary apps as Metropcs, T-Mobile apps you can do that with Titanium Backup from the market

Ok here we GO!!

FIRST. Open and Install BusyBox

SECOND. Unmount your SD Card

THIRD. Open Aparted app WITH THE SD UNMOUNTED.. CREATE TWO PARTITIONS HERES WHERE THE TRICK IS !!

AFTER CREATION BOTH PARTITIONS YOU WILL GIVE VALUE TO THE SECOND PARTITION FIRST AND WILL BE FORMATTED IN EXT4 GIVE AROUND 1200MB ITS = 1GB OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO GIVE IT DEPEND ON YOUR SD CARD SPACE VALUE

THEN .... YOU GIVE VALUE TO THE FIRST PARTITION THAT WILL BE FORMATTED IN FAT32 GIVE THE REST OF THE VALUE AVIALABLE ( FAT32 HAS TO BE THE PRIMARY PARTITION HAVE TO LOOK LIKE IN THE SCREENSHOT SHOWED ) AND PRESS APPLY CHANGES

FOURTH. After creating both partitions successfully go to LINK2SD you will ask what format you want to the apps to go to select EXT4 and reboot device

FIFTH. When your device boot go on LINk2SD and start linking your apps to your SD Card

P.S I SAW YOU CAN ALSO MOVE APPS TO YOUR SD CARD USING CLEAN MASTER I POST SOME SCREENSHOTS OF IT

I had tested and everything works fine my SD card its recognized by the camera to store your pictures

IF THIS POST HELP YOU DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE :good: ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!

Here are some samples screenshots

Back
Top Bottom