• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Porting In A Number To A NET10 SIM Requires An Airtime Card Up Front

TVCCS

Android Enthusiast
As an FYI for anyone considering a port-in of a number to a NET10 SIM card, be aware of the following: NET10 requires an airtime card to proceed with the port. While NET10 has an auto-refill program for phones on its unlimited plans, you cannot use that setup to activate the SIM with the first month's airtime, rather you must have a PIN from an airtime card. These can be had physically at NET10 retailers, or online via a service such as CallingMart.

I ran into this recently activating my nephew's SIM, and ended up having to buy a PIN through CallingMart. With an added 7% coupon code found online, the $50 SIM card ended up costing $46.50, which turned out to actually be less than the $49.04 charged an Ohio resident with taxes and fees for the auto-refill plan. CallingMart will generate the PIN within a few minutes for first-time users, although they may call to verify the order before releasing the PIN.

I am sure their are other sources for NET10 PIN's as well.

The good news is that two port-ins from Verizon and Page Plus each took less than an hour to execute on a Tuesday morning. APN settings changes were a little odd, but once everything was properly input and switched in data was readily available.

Back
Top Bottom