• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Porting themes from other phones

ccsoccer03

I'm curious as to how difficult it is to port a Metamorph file from, say the Droid? (Froyo based). I have a feeling you cant just flash any metamorph on any phone but i'm curious if its just a few file swaps or entire resizing and such. Also, what about non metamorph files? Meaning zips that contain a different framework-res.apk.

I'm curious as to how difficult it is to port a Metamorph file from, say the Droid? (Froyo based). I have a feeling you cant just flash any metamorph on any phone but i'm curious if its just a few file swaps or entire resizing and such. Also, what about non metamorph files? Meaning zips that contain a different framework-res.apk.

Our phone is HDPI, so you would need an HDPI theme. Then you compare the images within the drawable-hdpi to the ones of the rom you are wanting to port the theme to. You keep the ones that match your theme, you get rid of the rest.

With that said, I think the community shouldn't embrace metamorph. Most people can't get the application to work correctly. Be it user error or otherwise.

What I want to do is learn how to make an update.zip theme file from existing hdpi themes. I'm very interested in porting, but im naive of the details involved. I understand the basics of having the files in the zip you want to change, but not so much about the update script and how to write it. I have a theme I'm wanting to make for my gf. It's made for cm7 for droid. But she wants it on her stock phone with root because of all her apps and notification sounds and such being set the way she wants them. So I want to learn how to take files from existing metamorph files/ Tmobile theme engine apks and make it into one big update.zip

What I want to do is learn how to make an update.zip theme file from existing hdpi themes. I'm very interested in porting, but im naive of the details involved. I understand the basics of having the files in the zip you want to change, but not so much about the update script and how to write it. I have a theme I'm wanting to make for my gf. It's made for cm7 for droid. But she wants it on her stock phone with root because of all her apps and notification sounds and such being set the way she wants them. So I want to learn how to take files from existing metamorph files/ Tmobile theme engine apks and make it into one big update.zip

Hate to burst your bubble but you cannot theme a phone unless its deoodex'd, and a stock rooted phone will not do that.

Ask to use someone elses update.zip as a template. Theming isn't easy, and if you really want to learn you are going to need to start googling this stuff. There is no one size fits all guide on theming that i know of. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom