• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible Passion Photos Appear

The people commenting at BGR were all arguing that this must be some other handset, but I seriously doubt that BGR just found that photo in a random google search result. Clearly they have sources in the industry so it seems likely to me that someone at Verizon or HTC leaked the shot to BGR directly or indirectly. BGR has been pretty reliable so I doubt they would make such a positive ID without having verified it themselves.

Upvote 0
I trust BGR. They have been one of the best sources for Verizon leaks lately. They even had a Droid at their offices long before they could even dare leak any information on it. I'm sure their source is trusty, but they probably aren't allowed to leak too much at this moment. They know something we don't. That is for sure.

Upvote 0
It looks like the calender/weather from any of the current HTC phones. That is part of Sense UI. It would be nice if it were a picture of the Passion/Dragon but how do you know for sure? For all I know that could even be a 3.5" screen!

When I see a HTC HD2 (the only phone that HTC currently has in it's line-up with the 4.3" screen that I see--and the 1Ghz Snapdragon CPU) with Android then I will start believing.

Call me cynical...

Upvote 0
Apparently the picture in question appears to be a shot of a theme that's available for jailbroken iphones. The yellow font on either side of the weather icon is a dead giveaway. Can't remember where I read this, but I compared the pics and this one does indeed appear to be a case of mistaken identity.

I too saw something earlier today debunking that photo as being of an iPhone. It is erringly similar to that of HTC Sense though...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones