• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible to do a partial restore from Google? Launcher Issues

NiceCupOfTea

Aug 24, 2009
Kent, UK
Hi all,

Recently my venerable OnePlus3T suddenly decided to stop working properly (Launcher wiped all my icons from the backdrop, I can’t add new ones, home/app list softkeys have stopped working, and I can no longer download new apps from the Play store!). Decided to retire it, so I ordered a Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC.

I’ve just done a restore to the new phone and irritatingly it seems to have restored the total lack of any icons on the backdrop (but bizarrely it hasn’t restored my wallpaper!). Is there any way of restoring selectively? It gives me the option of “restoring settings” but I get the feeling I would want most of those including Wifi passwords, etc.

Failing that, is there any way of restoring the icon groups that would come originally with my Poco X3?

I can take a separate backup of my OP3T but only with the apps that are installed as it won’t let me install anything else!! (Just says “pending”!)

Can anybody make a few suggestions? Upgrade always seems so much hassle on Android, probably why I’ve had my OP3T for 5 years!

Reactions: MrJavi

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones