• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Galaxy S2 Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

daivik

Android Enthusiast
Just a thread, which if it has enough popularity, could perhaps become a sticky.

Since coming from a Desire (unrooted) my passion to randomly search and find free apps has dried up.

SO post you apps? Fun games? Great widgets? Customizability apps? MUST HAVE?

I'll start.

Pulse - Great news/feed reader. Amazingly smooth UI, updates and shows notification very well.

Circle Launcher - Great mini circular launcher that pops out with apps you select - For me it replaces folders on the home screen (which I think look a little ugly)

TubeMate - Youtube downloader

Chrome to phone - If you use Chrome, you can click the button (in the top right) and it'll send that immediately to you phone, which will prompt you to open the link via, youtube/maps/internet, depending on what it is.

Phone Usage - Gives you complete overviews of the usage of your phone. Messages, data etc.

Just a few I think are pretty cool.

Try Elixir - for device function widgets/shortcuts

You might also want to invite people to add their app brain names/page links. ;)

3 for now or we will be here all day lol

Batterycalibration - Def worth having IMO. Ignore negative comments from those who dont understand how it works :P

Sky App - Record stuff from your phone etc

Volume Control + to set ringing profiles

Multicon
Wave launcher
Dolphin browser HD
Remote for iTunes
Iysncr wifi
Carhome ultra
Tasker
Phandroid
BBC news
Dropbox
Noled
Whatsapp
Unifiedremote

hmm -
All Google made apps. yes, i love every one of them. i wish they make more
soundhound. worked 100% for me so far on recorded songs.. got about 2 out of 3 of the songs i sang (im a terrible singer)
evernote
dropbox (faster than cloudme)
whatspp
facebook/tumber of course
mVideoPlayer
Pulse and google reader. i think pulse wins for the interface
foursquare (more places than latitude, easier to find friends too) although fb place is getting close
imdb - loads of info, great quality trailers
camscanner - scans documents in great quality to pdf.. uploads directly to google docs or dropbox, or email it.. free version is perfect for most people
google tasks organizer is a great app for syning ur Google Tasks
jango. think of it as free last.fm or worldwide pandora.. works everywhere

plenty of games too..
angry birds, doodle fit, doodle jump, shrek kart, light racer 3D, raging thunder 2, asphalt hd 5 (all have decent free version) and more! :p

widgets:
i love the weather widget that comes on galaxy S2, from accuweather. the photoframe is nice.. google music has a nice widget, since thats the music player i use.. evernote n google docs have simple but good widgets. facebook, of course.. AP Mobile has a better (bigger) widget than the news& weather by google. jango has a good widget.. and so does Pulse.. i have the android bot shaped battery widget which work great too

there are alot of keyboards on the market, ive read reviews of all of them and i still cant decide. does anyone own any of these?

-better keyboard
-swiftkey
-smart keyboard
-iphone keyboard (i know this one, still wondering how it compares)

there are alot of keyboards on the market, ive read reviews of all of them and i still cant decide. does anyone own any of these?

-better keyboard
-swiftkey
-smart keyboard

I preferred, Better keyboard to the stock HTC keyboard, BUT I now prefer the stock Samsung keyboard. Basically, try them out, each person has completely different experience with keyboards. Better keyboard is one of the most developed. If they haven't got a lite version, buy them try them and then get a full refund of them in 15 minutes.

-better keyboard
-swiftkey
-smart keyboard

Have them all except for Iphone keyboard(hated the keyboard when i had an iPhone and didnt know there was an iPhone keyboard), plus i have Swype and Slideit.
Mostly use Swiftkey but at the moment im using Better keyboard because i havent had it very long. Like it so far.

like i mentioned in the other thread, i love swype. i was highly skeptical but it just works beautifully and speeds up my mobile typing by a noticeable amount..

btw, about amazon app store.. does it work outside USA?

EDIT: stupid question, it says so quite clearly that its available in US only

btw, about amazon app store.. does it work outside USA?

EDIT: stupid question, it says so quite clearly that its available in US only

There's an easy fix. I know at least if your in the UK. (But it shouldn't make a difference)

Google it. You can only get free apps, and they can ban your account, or something like that, so it's best to use a secondary email or something.

Haven't tried it yet though.

thanks.. i saw something like that when i was searching to find if its available outside the US. but if its only for free apps, and there's a chance of getting my account banned etc, i dont think its worth it.. thanks for the info though!

Was hoping that this thread had died on its rear end. :D

The best place for finding app's and recommendations, is the constantly updated:-

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/1183-favorite-app-so-far.html

as well as, "The Best Category" list:-

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/335976-best-category-app-thread-list.html

Seems pointless in starting these sort of threads when updated Sticky's are available that everyone can refer to.

Which is why this one lacked any posts for nearly 5 months. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom