• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Posting links

Rgarner

Android Expert
I've finally figured out how to add photos. Now how do I post a link to something else, such as a website? I don't see an option for that.

I've finally figured out how to add photos. Now how do I post a link to something else, such as a website? I don't see an option for that.
are you using the app? or from the website?
on the website you have a list of functions that are short cuts to the bb codes mr stoney linked you too. you can hoover your prompt over it to find out what they do. it is the icon that looks sort of like a link in a chain that you can link to a website.

in the app it is on the bottom using the same icon a pop up will come up and you can just paste the link there.

If you're okay with doing it manually, like I do, it's very easy.

Let's say you want to post a link to Google. You could just paste its URL into your post, but that's not pretty. :)

Here's how to make a link to Google:
Code:
[URL="https://www.google.com"]Google[/URL]

In other words:
Code:
[URL="the_site's_URL_goes_here"]clickable text goes here[/URL]

I've capitalized URL for clarity, but case actually doesn't matter.

Here's a clickable link to Google.

Be sure there are no spaces in the URL, use standard quotes ("), and use the square brackets ([ and ]).

Back
Top Bottom