• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power button problems...

redraptor

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Ok so I have had my galaxy note for about 4 or 6 months now and it has been STELLAR!!! no problems or issues what so ever. Although yesterday it started acting up. It would randomly reboot at crazy intervals. It started only once or twice and hour than shot up to once every 2 minutes (Probably because I started paying attention to it). I thought it was the Rom I was running, so I wiped everything and flashed a new one. Same deal. I did notice though that it happened every time I pressed the power button in quick succession. I figured it might still be an issue with the software part of the phone, so I wiped EVERYTHING and returned the phone to stock through odin. Surely that would fix it?

Nope same deal on completely stock, unrooted phone. So im relatively convinced it is the physical power button that is causing the dilemma. I have insurance on the phone, but I would hate to pay the 200 dollar deductible for something as stupid as the power button. So does anyone have any idea's on how to fix this? It is really the physical button or could it be something deeper in the software that I missed? I really do not want to crack into my device (Too much tinkering, not my thing) and I do not want to pay 200 dollars for a simple button problem. So, any Ideas?!

If its just the power button go check with one of your local prepaid cell stores. Most of them advertise cell phone repair. It shouldn't cost you any where near 200 bucks to have them switch out the power button. That's your best option for the wills and wonts you outlined here.

Just a shot in the dark here but perhaps you have some gunk or lint stuck under the power button? Get a can of compressed air, take the back cover off, and give it a good dusting?

Back
Top Bottom