• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poweramp 2.0 constantly rescanning?

4lph4num3r1c

Jan 9, 2009
Ever since they updated this app it keeps scanning me library on its own. When this happens, the playlists I am currently playing disappears and I gots to manually hit RESCAN to get it back. Once I've gots me playlist playing again, it'll start scanning again and lose me playlists again ...etc. I emailed the dev but all I gets is some generic response saying to change me sd card. I've read other entrees from other places where they sent the person inquiring about a fix the same generic answer. WE DON'T EVEN HAVE SD CARDS!Has anybody else managed to find a solution to this problem? Has anybody else even ran into this?

Oops. This were supposed to be in the LTE section. Could a MOD please assist?

Mine works fine and haven't noticed it running in the background. I have full version.

Try turning off Autoscan. Though mine is checked and I haven't noticed it scanning when it shouldn't be.

Also go into Music Folders and make sure only the folders with music you want available are checked.

Settings>Advanced>Folders/Library Scanner>Uncheck Auto-scan

Upvote 0
I only noticed rescanning on certain kernels. For instance while running, franco's kernel, constant scanning. Literally one after the other. After switching to lean, no problems! Check your kernels.

Actually, I DID just swap out me Kernel from Francos to Imos. :eek: I were wondering if that had something to do with it. Very thanks for chiming in.

Upvote 0
Mine started with Franco kernel, but now persists with Imo 1.7.1. I tried reinstalling app. Also tried turning off auto scan. I guess I'll have to live with it until I have time to wipe.

I never used imos 1.7.1 but 1.6.6 worked for me. No power amp problems with that one. I'm on codename 1.2.0 right now and its problem free too with the included kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones