• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Predictive text is deleting words

I've had my SIIx about two weeks now, and I love it. I upgraded to JellyBean earlier in the week, and the keyboard for text messaging is just pissing me off. :mad:

I'll be typing a sentence and I'll look back (sometimes) to find that it has deleted a word as soon as I've entered the next one.

For example, the other night, I wanted to tell my husband "I don't blame you." The predictive text deleted teh "don't" and just left "I blame you." I didn't realize it until his reply came "What am I being blamed for?"

It does it ALL the time, usually with shorter words like don't, can't, isn't, is, etc...

Is there any way to fix this? Before I upgraded to Jellybean with the Samsung keyboard, I *never* had this problem. Not once. I typed a word and it stayed there.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue, what I've been doing is hitting the space bar and it seems to not delete things you typed before. Not much help I know but better than nothing :) Also deleting things is a pain too.

I have discovered that it actually isn't the predictive text or autocorrect that is deleting words. It was the Samsung Keyboard. When I upgraded the OS, it removed Swype as an option for input and left only the crappy Samsung Keyboard. I downloaded SwiftKey and tried it free for a month and I haven't lost one word. I also don't feel like I have to teach it the English language from square one either.

Back
Top Bottom