• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Predictive text/SMS messaging while using physical Keyboard - How To?

Digirain

Lurker
Apr 8, 2011
Predictive text/SMS messaging while using physical Keyboard - How To?

I'm new to my Xperia X10 Mini Pro and Android. I can get predictive texting when my keyboard is shut. However when I open out the physical keyboard, I can't seem to activate the predictive texting.

Please would one of you show me how to.

Many thanks
Regards

Predictive texting is only of use when using a number pad. If I press 2, 2, 7 it will probably guess, (predict?), that I'm trying to say 'car'.

With a full keyboard you won't hit 2, 2, 7, you'll hit c,a,r. Or b,a,r, if that's the word you want.

Why would you want predictive text when you have a perfectly accurate keyboard???

Upvote 0
@barnacleboy:

When I mean predictive, I mean whole words get suggested as I begin to type out a word. This facility exists a lot on LG handsets. Given the small keyboard on the X10MP any help in suggesting words before I completely type them out is appreciated.

Eg. I start typing out "particular", when I type "part" it already could display "party, particle or particular" as selectable choices.

Is there an app for this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones