• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Prelude] ZTE Prelude (Z993) Root&Recovery

best I can come up with is because you have it named recovery.img.img it should be recovery.img. If all else fails try my auto flasher, because you are already rooted all you have to do is unzip it,plug your phone in and double click flasher.bat

edit your not rooted by the looks of it you should root. I also but all the files for that and instructions in autoflasher

best I can come up with is because you have it named recovery.img.img it should be recovery.img. If all else fails try my auto flasher, because you are already rooted all you have to do is unzip it,plug your phone in and double click flasher.bat

i am not rooted just checked. where is you auto flasher link. and check my previous post please

edit your not rooted by the looks of it you should root. I also but all the files for that and instructions in autoflasher

how do i root this.

Hey,

So that driver installation process isn't as straight forward as it seems. The following can be done with the fastboot window open and the "waiting for device" command showing.

The adb commands worked but none of the fastboot commands did so I had to complete the following:

1. Download the following drivers Service Bulletins Detail
1a. navigate to "program files" "ZTE" "USBdriverinstaller" pick the 32/64 bit version
(If the above worked and the recovery flashed you can stop here, otherwise continue)

2. Go into device manager and find the "other devices" "android"
3. had to click on update driver
4. browse manually
5. click on "all devices" "zte" "have disk" then navigate to .....
program files, zte, drivers, 32/64 bit, pick your operating system, android_usb.inf

Took me all night lol!

Hopefully we can make this driver installation easier to get the boat going for z003 ROM's.

Another way you can flash it is to download Flashify of the play store then hit recovery img and then reboot. No need to reset

All that you should have to do is:

1. Put the Recovery.img file somewhere that you can find easily like your root directory or something like that.

2. Open Flashify

3. Choose Recovery Image

4. Then Choose choose file

5. Go to where you put the file, select Yup! then you should be done!

Root directory? I put the file on my sdcard, flashed it & rebooted into recovery. It showed cwm but not cwm 6.0.3.7 it was 6.2.9.8 & it won't install, I keep getting the aborted message.

hi there i followed your instructions to install the cwm recovery and everything worked great my question is once im in recovery aside from backup am i supposed to be doing anything else? Am i supposed to be flashing any other file in your recovery tool?

Back
Top Bottom