• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help preparing sd card checking for errors

dcooterfrog

velocity 1 16 gb class 10 card

this morning when I turned on my phone I got this message
"preparing sd card checking for errors"

well I rebooted my phone same thing

I put the card in my pc and copied the contents, then formatted the card and copied the contents back

i did boot it recovery and make a nandroid backup. That succeeded

then rebooted again same thing. how long should I wait for this.

I have another card that I am copying the contents onto but its not as fast. but I suppose fast and broken is not good.

when I try to explore to it with root explorer I get he card is not currently mounted. I guess that makes sense. I left that on the phone along with touchdown because I figured those were most important to me

Never heard of the vendor as that being said I am taking you took caution and verified the card was fully functional and not hexed. But if you haven't then go download H2TestW and do R+W+V on the card to check the capacity and data integrity.

Now depending of the quality of the card and wear level the data integrity will depend this is why reputable card is always recommended. Just backup your data and do thorough format before your file allocation table gets corrupted and reads it as Black SDCard as it will see it as UFS (Unsupported File System).

when I try to explore to it with root explorer I get he card is not currently mounted. I guess that makes sense. I left that on the phone along with touchdown because I figured those were most important to me

As I see you updated it and posted it after my other post.

HKM said:
The card would read as READ ONLY thus data couldn't be written to it but still could be accessed. Which quickly turned in to card being corrupted (UFS: Unsupported File System) as the card decided to erase the partition itself along with all data inside thus reading it as "Blank SDCard".

So after the card was corrupted the first time I had properly fully formatted the card thoroughly, but when it happened the second time it almost jeopardized my data. So instinctively I went in forensics mode and had to manually extract the data using low level data reconstruction techniques from the damaged corrupted partition. As I never formatted the card I was able to reconstruct the file allocation table thus able to reread the raw data from the sectors.

I hope you don't face as I did when I was testing mSDs.

As I see you updated it and posted it after my other post.

I hope you don't face as I did when I was testing mSDs.

well velocity is the rom on my ally not the card name.

the card was a file mate. i guess the price was too good to be true.
I have decided to use my other card and I am returning ti newegg for a refund. I will purchase a better card this time.

NEWEGG ROCKS. i am outside my rma period by a couple of days they said NO PROBLEM

lol that reminds me today is the last day for me to return believe it or not a mSD to Newegg :P I can even show you the RMA if you like if you don't believe it. I guess ill just do it later today (watch me go to sleep as I been drinking beer and watching the sopranos) as I test them and post bench ect all over.

Back