• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Presidential Debate 2024 #1

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
so the 1st debate is coming up this Thursday at 9PM ET. i just wanted to have this thread up so we can discuss it before, during and after the debate. this is the 1st of 2 debates before the elections here in the US.

are you going to watch it? anybody want to give a prediction?

I’ll probably skip this one, too. ;)
too? lol i am for sure going to watch it. i want to see trump implode on stage and in front of a camera. i hope he gets unhinged like he does at his rallies. i mean.....sharks vs batteries.....i hope Biden brings that up in the debate.....LOL!!!!!!!!

What worries me a bit is Trump losing the election and Jan 6 happening again. He still as all his followers believing the last election was rigged
i think his hardcore followers are shrinking. have you seen his crowds at his rallies? they seem to be getting smaller and smaller. also look at who showed up to protest during his criminal trial.......hardly anybody save for a few handfuls of his henchmen senators and a handful of nutty maga cronies.

i think his hardcore followers are shrinking. have you seen his crowds at his rallies? they seem to be getting smaller and smaller. also look at who showed up to protest during his criminal trial.......hardly anybody save for a few handfuls of his henchmen senators and a handful of nutty maga cronies.

I have land in southern Tennessee. It's filled with Trump 2024 flags along with a few Confederate flags

we are seeing a much restrained trump in this debate. i am actually impressed. but the vile things he says is truly remarkable. all the things he says are just lies. there are no facts being said by him. i love the fact that he is calling Biden a liar is classic.

with Biden, i think that people will comment on his voice and just how old he seems when he talks.

i like the fact that Biden is saying that there is no need to make America great again because we are already great. we have the greatest economy in the world. we are not a laughingstock as trump suggested. the other countries are envious of us. it is such an insult for him to say such things.

we are seeing a much restrained trump in this debate. i am actually impressed. but the vile things he says is truly remarkable. all the things he says are just lies. there are no facts being said by him. i love the fact that he is calling Biden a liar is classic.

with Biden, i think that people will comment on his voice and just how old he seems when he talks.
yep people are talking about Biden's speech. it was reported earlier that Biden has a cold. i wish that was better reported. everything that happened in that debate makes more sense knowing that he is sick.

Biden didn't do well tonight. There is still time before the Convention for Biden to step down and support someone else. I think Gavin Newsom would be the Democrat's best alternative choice.

i think Biden did well on substance. i think he did not do well on appearance. like i said he has a cold, and did not feel well. he looked and sounded weak which is horrible in a presidential debate. he did look stronger as the debate went on.

i don't think he should step down. i think that would be a huge mistake for the Democrats. they need to bring the message on just how unhinged a trump second term would be. on what will happen to democracy if Biden loses. they need to communicate how our rights will be slowly taken away from us. they need to talk about the dangers of project 2025. and how are institutions are in danger.

stepping down is not an option for Biden. i think he would be much better in debate #2. i think the Democrats should not panic right now....worried, yes....but not panic.

There is no 2nd debate set. There is a VP debate planned

Here's what sucks. Neither Biden or Trump will get a 50% majority, so who ever wins won't have majority support. How can that be called democracy?

A Parliament makes the most sense for the U.S. Then you are voting on a Parties policy, rather than a face.

Party A gets 40% of the vote and 40 seats in Parliament
Party B gets 30% of the vote and 30 seats in Parliament
Party C gets 20% of the vote and 20 seats in Parliament
Party D gets 10% of the vote and 10 seats in Parliament

Party A & C form a coalition and select a Prime minister.

yeah the electoral college is a very antiquated tool we use to elect a president. if we did not have the college, Hilary Clinton would have been elected, since she won the popular vote. Biden also won the popular vote in 2020 as well.

and according to CBS...ABC News will host the second debate between President Biden and Donald Trump on Tuesday, Sept. 10, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time.

yeah the electoral college is a very antiquated tool we use to elect a president. if we did not have the college, Hilary Clinton would have been elected, since she won the popular vote. Biden also won the popular vote in 2020 as well.

and according to CBS...ABC News will host the second debate between President Biden and Donald Trump on Tuesday, Sept. 10, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time.

Hilary would have won with the popular vote, but 48% is not a majority

I was listening to either CNN or Fox and was told a 2nd debate hasn't been set. Glad to hear a 2nd debate has been set.

Hilary would have won with the popular vote, but 48% is not a majority

I was listening to either CNN or Fox and was told a 2nd debate hasn't been set. Glad to hear a 2nd debate has been set.
i could careless about percentages. as long as someone comes out on top should be the winner as with most other types of elections. but i doubt we will ever see the electoral college ever be removed or changed.

and as far as the 2nd debate, the terms have not been discussed yet. i think both agreed on 2 debates and the date. just not how debate #2 will be run.

i could careless about percentages. as long as someone comes out on top should be the winner as with most other types of elections. but i doubt we will ever see the electoral college ever be removed or changed.

and as far as the 2nd debate, the terms have not been discussed yet. i think both agreed on 2 debates and the date. just not how debate #2 will be run.

How could you not careless about percentages? Democracy is a system of government in which power is vested in the people.

In 1992 Clinton won by 43% of the vote. Meaning 57% of the population didn't want him. Somehow you call that democracy. I don't get it.

How could you not careless about percentages? Democracy is a system of government in which power is vested in the people.

In 1992 Clinton won by 43% of the vote. Meaning 57% of the population didn't want him. Somehow you call that democracy. I don't get it.
if whoever gets the most votes then he/she should win. its just that simple. seems very democratic to me. if i got 10 votes and you got 9 votes, i should win.....right?

Back
Top Bottom