• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Prevent notification bar appearing

Your device may vary, but the general map is...

Settings
Home screen & lock screen
Notifications on lock screen

Screenshot_20220823-190214.png

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So you are talking about the bar at the top that you can pull down to see your notifications among other phone settings without having to unlock the screen.... the actual notification bar, correct?
Correct. From top most of screen swipe down, I do not want to see anything. I do not want to see the wifi, vibrate...buttons and notification panel

Attachments

• swipedownfromtopnotification.PNG
    swipedownfromtopnotification.PNG
    291.4 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0
Correct. From top most of screen swipe down, I do not want to see anything. I do not want to see the wifi, vibrate...buttons and notification panel
not much you can do about that. there is no setting or app that i know that will hide it. for me i need that pull down so i can access the flashlight as i use that a lot for my job. it is very convenient for me to not have to unlock the phone to get to the flashlight......sorry but you are just going to have to get used to it.

if you do find something that will hide it, please post it here. but i doubt there is something like that out there.

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0
not much you can do about that. there is no setting or app that i know that will hide it. for me i need that pull down so i can access the flashlight as i use that a lot for my job. it is very convenient for me to not have to unlock the phone to get to the flashlight......sorry but you are just going to have to get used to it.

if you do find something that will hide it, please post it here. but i doubt there is something like that out there.

During my research I see there are other phones models that are able to change settings to disable drop down panel during lock screen.
I guess just have to search for an app to do it. Any idea what keywords to search playstore for this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones