• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prez Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefboyardee

Extreme Android User
Jan 18, 2011
upload_2015-12-11_20-51-10.png
There's been a lot commotion about Trump, most recently with...
Trump lead among Republicans undiminished in first poll after Muslim comments
Donald Trump held onto his commanding lead in the Republican race for the White House after his call for a ban on Muslims entering the United States was condemned worldwide...​
And not only is Carson fading...
Carson threatens to leave Republican Party amid talk of brokered convention
Ben Carson, citing reports that Republican Party leaders are discussing the prospects of a brokered convention, threatened Friday to leave the party if there are signs that the nomination process is being manipulated.​
And while Cruz and Rubio can't seem to make a mark (yet), Carly and Jeb don't seem to have a chance.

Curious what others think about this, so I started a dedicated thread...

Myself,I think every one of 'em from both major parties are mere self-serving puppets/mouth pieces of special interest groups & couldn't care less what is best for the people as a whole,with the exception of Bernie Sanders.

I don't give a rats ass regarding party affiliation,it means nothing to me,most politicians share the same main self-serving goals,they are just funded my varying interest groups.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
A brokered convention, as I understand it, is used very rarely and typically only when the primary race is too close to call. For it to be used here would be outrageous, since the race isn't close at all. In this case, it seems more like the RNC good ole boys will take it upon themselves to choose a candidate, because us stupid voters don't what the hell we're doing. Now that would be ugly...

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Ben Carson: I Would Not Run as Independent If Convention Is 'Brokered'

"If it became clear that they were using various types of procedures to get around the will of the people, I would leave," the retired pediatric neurosurgeon told Neil Cavuto on Fox News in a telephone interview from Iowa. "I just wouldn't want to be part of it."

When asked what he would then do, Carson responded, "I don't know. I might go back to being an independent. I wouldn't run as a third party.​

Upvote 0
An Iowa poll:
Cruz Soars to Front of the Pack in Iowa Poll; Trump Support Stays Flat
Cruz's 21-percentage-point jump since October is the largest surge between Iowa Polls recorded in at least the last five presidential caucus campaigns.
...personally, I've been hoping that Cruz will take the lead nationwide, but Trump is okay too, compared to Pantsuit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been hoping that Cruz will take the lead nationwide

Podesta to donors: Cruz is likely GOP nominee
Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta handicapped the GOP race for 90 Democratic donors assembled at a private fundraising event in Berkeley, California, on Thursday night, according to a Clinton backer who was in the room, telling the crowd that he viewed Cruz as the likeliest nominee, followed by Trump, and then Marco Rubio.​

Upvote 0
As Cruz rises in U.S. presidential polls, Trump calls him 'maniac'
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump had a new target on Sunday, calling fellow White House contender Ted Cruz "a little bit of a maniac" as the U.S. senator passed him in an Iowa opinion poll.Cruz's dogged pursuit of conservative Iowa voters has paid off in the form of a 10-percentage-point lead over Trump in the state, where the first presidential nominating contest will take place on Feb. 1.​

Upvote 0
At Las Vegas, Cruz may have a Trump problem

Trump, who has seen Cruz surge ahead of him in polls in the early voting state of Iowa, has begun an onslaught against the U.S. senator from Texas and could ratchet up his attacks at the nationally televised forum in Las Vegas.

Trump called Cruz a "maniac" on Sunday, an indication that he is prepared to take aim at Cruz as he has successfully done against rivals Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul and John Kasich.​

Upvote 0
US politicians, ranked by their willingness to lie

056c026d-1c66-4d42-9fae-a8e96df290c5-1020x9021.jpg

Angie Drobnic Holan, of the respected, nonpartisan factchecking orgPolitifact has an editorial in the New York Times about the record levels of falsehood in the GOP race, an outlier in a general increase in the literal factualness of political campaigns, thanks to fact-checking orgs like hers.

But the showstopper in the piece is a chart that ranks the current political frontrunners from the GOP and Democratic Party by the number of lies they've been caught telling.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/13/o...cians-lie-some-lie-more-than-others.html?_r=0
via
http://boingboing.net/2015/12/14/us-politicians-ranked-by-thei.html

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Watched the debates. Was odd to see the 'insiders' argue about how they voted on this and that bill, while Trump, having never voted on anything, was exempted from all this. And then, because of the poll voters' overall disgust with Washington, they still overwhelmingly favored Trump. I still think his current popularity is largely emotional and once the field narrows, his lead will shrink.

I don't know when the obvious losers will get out, but in the meantime, this is still a mess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GOP debate winners and losers

The final Republican presidential debate of 2015 brought heated clashes between several major candidates in Las Vegas on Tuesday night, when national front-runner Donald Trump tangled with a newly assertive Jeb Bush, and Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz repeatedly jabbed at each other.​

WINNERS
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush
Bush had by far his strongest performance in any debate to date.​
Sens. Ted Cruz (Texas) and Marco Rubio (Florida)
The two senators have been on the rise in recent polls — Cruz more dramatically than Rubio — and each man seemed to keep his momentum going.​
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
Christie, who was once written off in this year’s race, is now a serious contender in New Hampshire, at least.​
MIXED
Businessman Donald Trump
Trump’s instincts for how to make news are unerring, and he proved that again with a declaration in the debate’s closing stages that he would not make a third-party run for the White House if he failed to secure the GOP nomination.​
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
Paul only made the main stage for this debate by the skin of his teeth, but he made adequate use of the opportunity.​
LOSERS
Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson
The halcyon days of Carson’s presidential campaign look as if they could be over.​
Ohio Gov. John Kasich and businesswoman Carly Fiorina
Both candidates were marginal figures for long stretches of the two-hour debate.​

Upvote 0
Id there really no such thing as bad press?

Putin calls Trump 'outstanding, talented'

"He is a very outstanding man, unquestionably talented," Putin told journalists after his annual press conference in Moscow.

"It's not up to us to judge his virtue, that is up to US voters, but he is the absolute leader of the presidential race," Putin added.​

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Well.. lets see who else Putin calls outstanding. Yesterday he also said

Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Sepp Blatter, the suspended Fifa president, is “a very respected person” who deserves to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

“Whether there are signs of corruption in Fifa, the investigation must show. As for Joseph Blatter, he is a very respected person, he has done a lot for the development of world soccer,” the Russian president said.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/17/sepp-blatter-fifa-putin-nobel-peace-prize

You may know a man by the company he keeps

Reactions: LizMac
Upvote 0
Well.. lets see who else Putin calls outstanding. Yesterday he also said

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/17/sepp-blatter-fifa-putin-nobel-peace-prize

You may know a man by the company he keeps
[emoji12] ..that could be considered significant IF.. ..ppl actually cared about soccer!! [emoji23] (in presidential elections). I actually don't have any clue who these other ppl you mentioned are anyways so it has no bearing on anything, especially our elections. JS.. Lol. To quote you from another post you helped me out yesterday, "I think you may have posted in the wrong thread.." [emoji6]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually don't have any clue who these other ppl you mentioned are anyways so it has no bearing on anything, especially our elections. JS.. Lol.

And keeping on that theme ;)

Poll: 30% of GOP voters support bombing Agrabah, the city from Aladdin

Almost one-third of Republican primary voters would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah, according to a report released by Public Policy Polling on Friday.

In its poll, Public Policy Polling asked the 532 Republicans: “Would you support or oppose bombing Agrabah?” While 57% of responders said they were not sure, 30% said they supported bombing it. Only 13% opposed it.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ters-bomb-agrabah-disney-aladdin-donald-trump

#facepalm #sigh

Upvote 0
And keeping on that theme ;)

Poll: 30% of GOP voters support bombing Agrabah, the city from Aladdin

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ters-bomb-agrabah-disney-aladdin-donald-trump

#facepalm #sigh
This is ridiculous.. Ppl pulling fictional names out of their pockets to ask about bombing, just to see if they can start BS! If you're gonna ask about bombing something, MAKE SURE IT'S REAL FIRST!! That's just ppl trying to start sh!t and shouldn't have ever even come up

Upvote 0
Only presidential candidate ever that can get away with saying stuff like this:

Trump: Hillary Is a Liar — ‘She Lies Like Crazy About Everything’

He added, “She may have traveled a lot but she didn’t do the job because the entire world blew up around her. So she wasted a lot of time and energy and money and frankly she wasted a lot of lives because her policies were disaster for the world. The Middle East has blown up around her. Her decisions were horrible. and hundreds of thousands of people have been killed because of her faulty decisions.”​

Upvote 0
Presidential Front-Runners Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton Face Off
Republican demands Democrat apologize for calling his rhetoric an Islamic State recruitment tool

The crossfire between the two leading presidential candidates intensified Monday, as Democrat Hillary Clinton’s campaign stood by her claim that Republican front-runner Donald Trump’s rhetoric is being used as propaganda by terrorist groups, though there is no evidence Islamic State has put him in videos.​

Upvote 0
Quinnipiac National Poll: Cruz Surges to Virtual Tie With Trump

Among Republican or Republican-leaning voters:​

Trump: 28 percent;
Cruz, 24 percent;
Sen. Marco Rubio, 12 percent;
Ben Carson, 10 percent;
Gov. Chris Christie, 6 percent;
Jeb Bush, 4 percent;
Sen. Rand Paul, Carly Fiorina, 2 percent each;
Gov. John Kasich, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee 1 percent each.​

Upvote 0
He keeps saying things that I think will hurt him but they never do:

Trump uses vulgar term to describe Clinton's 2008 presidential run

"She was going to beat Obama," Trump said of Clinton, speaking in Grand Rapids, Michigan. "... She was going to beat - she was favored to win - and she got schlonged. She lost."

"Schlong" is a Yiddish slang term for a man's genitals.​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones