• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem receiving picture/data text messages with Jellybean

mac227

Lurker
i have a nexus S and recently updated to JB

I keep my data turned off when not using it to save battery. When I have it turned off, I cannot receive picture/data messages, but I can see that I have received them (just cant download them) so I ust turn on data and click download and i receive the message.

With the update to JB, having the data turned off prevent me from bein able to download the messages. When I turn the data on, I still cant download it. It just has the "downloading" icon which I cant press

any way I can fix this or should I just revert back to ICS?

Hi, this is a common bug since ICS. Its been on my phone since then and has not been fixed. Google for
MMS Android
and you will find people complaining about the same exact thing.
If you do find a solution, please post it. Id be very happy to try it out.

-tagsfordroid.com

i have a nexus S and recently updated to JB
I keep my data turned off when not using it to save battery.
Easy solution, leave Data on. Unless you're in a very weak signal area, leaving Data on doesn't use up much battery. Mine is always on and I have no issues with battery life. Turning data off only saves me about 5% battery, so it's not worth it to me to turn it off and on.

Also size of the MMS in some cases. Some services need the MMS under 300Kb.

I've run into that at times with TMO. Some apps will resize pics automatically for MMS.

I know that on sending at times I will have to resize. If I want to send a version that will print - I use Mail or Dropbox.

Back
Top Bottom