• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem removing partitions

jrich523

Lurker
Aug 19, 2010
I partitioned my SD for app2sd and now that im having some problems (may or may not be related to the app2sd) i want to remove it.
I booted in to recovery and did partition. set the ext and swap to 0 and the remaining for fat and it chewed for a min and then smiled and carried on.. yet it was still there... i went in to ADB shell and ran parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 and printed a list (saw all 3) and did rm 1 rm 2 rm 3, printed again, all still there.. i found the log that the recovery wipe made and it did the same thing i did and it showed an error saying it cant create overlapping partitions (because they were never deleted)

so, from recovery i mounted the SD to windows, went in to diskpart and removed them there, which seemed to work, but again, its still the same... disk manager as well.. no luck

is there some sort of lock im missing? why on earth cant i delete and recreate my partitions?

these are the steps i took to get the app2sd working
How to manually partition your SD card for Android Apps2SD – Android and Me

Thanks

ok, but how do i do that? normally a format is of a file system, which is above the partation layer.

do you have a pc available to you?
put your sdcard in your computer, go to disk management, and it will let you read the whole drive and format it as you see fit, i just did it, delete partitions and what not. just make sure you do this on your sdcard and not your hard drive

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones