• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with apps disappearing with no warning

falkner09

In the past week, I've had at least seven apps disappear from my phone. It may have been more than that; I'm only sure of the one that are gone due to the home screen shortcuts having been turned into the default android icons, and when I click those, it says "this application is not installed" I don't know why. The only thing I can think, is maybe its because I rooted my phone earlier this week. No custom rom though. I'm also running Go Launcher ex.

The disappeared apps so far are soundhound, android music, robo defense free, la times, onion news network, scanlife, and radiant hd. I actually reinstalled radiant hd once, and it mentioned an error validating license or something, so I reinstalled again and its stayed so far.

I looked it up, and other people have had this problem but couldn't find resolution. I'm on the t mobile sidekick btw.

That is weird. Could still be a faulty SD card no matter what the class is and to me that is what it sounds like. I suggest use the 2GB card that came with the phone for a few days and see how that works. Also instead of Go Launcher try something a lot lighter (I use HeLauncher)

Back
Top Bottom