• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Google Now on Turbo

Hi everyone. I've had my Turbo for a week and am mostly loving it. The one issue I'm having, is voice launching Google Now. If I hit the microphone icon on my desktop, Google Now launches and I can use voice commands. If I say, OK Google, it does nothing. When I try to do the voice setup, in Google settings, it gives me the message, "Can't use microphone, restart your device". I've tried rebooting, with no success. The Moto voice launch and commands work fine. Any ideas of things I can try are appreciated.

Welcome to Android Forums.

I have not encountered that problem.

Did you try running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them? If then works it is caused by an app that you added..

... Thom

Last edited:
With power on ... use power button to turn off ... when dialog appears long press on Power Off ... when dialog appears press OK.

To exit Safe Mode do a normal power off/power on.

... Thom

I also suspect that you have a third party app that is holding the microphone used. Somehow tapping the control on GN releases it, but not saying "OK Google" to the Google search app. It's weird that Moto Voice works, though.

Good luck, I hope that you figure it out...

Thanks, I will give it whirl. If it works in safe mode, I guess it would then mean deleting off apps, until I found the offending one? Thanks again.

Correct.

Make your best guess at the offer and delete it. Keep going until it stops. Then reinstall everything you deleted.

You could delete everything and gradually add them back until it fails.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom