• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Google Services after clearing Framework

• Thread starter Thread starter sirencio
  • Start date Start date
S

sirencio

Sprint (Ting) HTC One M7 running Android 5.0.2 and Sense 6.0. Google Play Store version says 5.2.13

This started last night when I got notifications that I had some apps to be updated, but when I tried clicking through, I got an error that said DF-DFERH-01 from the Play Store. I tried a few things, and eventually found a solution online that said to clear the data from the Play Store and Google Services Framework, then restart the phone.

The Play Store now worked after this, but only part way. I could see my app history, but there was nothing under "My apps". I could go in to my history and see what apps need updates (from the list of everything I've ever installed), and after I updated they would appear under my apps as "recently updated", but those are the only apps on that menu. Additionally, I noticed my user icon was gone from the Play Store menu, but is still available under, say, Gmail.

Additionally, I've noticed some other weirdness I assume is tied to clearing the data from the framework. For one, I didn't get any Gmail notifications for the three emails I received since this all started. Also, my phone no longer appears if I go to Android Device Manager on the web... but if I go to "My Devices" on the web, it IS listed, but it didn't have the nickname I had set up. I fixed this, but if I go in to the actual Device Manager on the web, it tries to look for my tablet but not my phone.

I've tried clearing the setting of individual Google apps, then re-entering them and fixing my settings, and it didn't help, though it did get the Play Store working normally, nothing else did. I logged out of my Google account and re-added it, and that seemed to fix some things temporarily, but quickly lost push AND the original Play Store error came back. Tried many things to get Android Device Manager to recognize that my phone exists, but made pretty much no progress (did find that location history was off, but turning it on didn't help).

So, is there anything I can do to get things working normally again?

Back
Top Bottom