• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem With Internal Memory

TheHelix

Lurker
Dec 19, 2014
So a few days ago I noticed that I couldn't access my gallery in my phone, it said that I had ran out of space, wich was weird because I didn't have many apps installed and only a few pictures and videos, so I started to try and delete some things until I noticed something odd. My phone said that I was occupying over 215GB, wich is IMPOSSIBLE considering that I only have 16GB of Internal Space. So I tried to format it, didn't work, so I tried factory reset. When I did the factory reset it didn't get past the Samsung screen, that's when I started to get a bit more scared so I installed a different rom (MIUI) and it started working again, but once it launched I noticed that the previus problem kept happening. After looking into my files I noticed that my WhatsApp folder was the source of the problem and inside it I found a folder with the name of "µ01446" and inside a bunch of random files that also have weird names.
f.PNG

So my first thought was ofcourse to delete them, but they keep coming back. After that I tried formating in recovery mode, still the same. So is there a fix for this or do I need a new phone?
PS: I have a Galaxy S2 I9100

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones