• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems flashing LeeDroid, stuck on HTC screen

Hey guys so I had an issue flashing the newest version of the leedroid ROM. To start my phone was running stock un-rooted Android 2.1. This is what I've done

1) Rooted the device using the Unrevoked method. Everything with this went fine. I get the Superuser app and I can get the '#' prompt at a terminal.

2) Then I partitioned my SD card using Rom Manager in preparation for A2SD+

3) Then I booted into clockwork mod recovery and wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache, and wiped dalvik cache

4) Then I tried to flash the leedroid rom from zip on the sd card

After reboot my phone appears to be stuck on the HTC screen and will not move forward. But if I take out the battery I can boot back into recovery mode. So it appears my phone is not broken, but it clearly isn't working. I've tried flashing a number of different ROMs but get the same result each time. Any suggestions?

Like wipe everything and then reflash? I read that the first boot can take some time but which screen should it be stuck on? I was assuming it would at least get to a boot image.

Yes you were. Try a battery pull. if that hasn't changed anything, in recovery rewipe /data and flash the rom again.

Back
Top Bottom