• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems rooting

unroot

• solution to my problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • alternative solution to my problem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi guys,

Would u please, consider giving me some insight into what the f# I'v managed to do to my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, model SM-G870F.

Last night I tried to root my device using Odin and towelroot as explained on xda. It all went well and all the values/codes in Odin_v3.07.zip were reassuring. The problem started when I opened towelroot to "make it rain". When in download mode, the phone would not boot normally. Actually not booting at all. I gain no access to my phone. Is there a way for me to unroot the phone?
Please help, I'd be forever in depth to you.

Thanx, kind regards Andy

I was wondering if someone could help me out. A friend of mine has the s5 active at&t and wants to root it so I told him I would look into it for him. Could somebody point me in the right direction? Also, is there a root method that does not require a P.c.? He told me he attempted to root using the towelroot method and no PC and said it would not work. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Would u please, consider giving me some insight into what the f# I'v managed to do to my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, model SM-G870F.

Last night I tried to root my device using Odin and towelroot as explained on xda. It all went well and all the values/codes in Odin_v3.07.zip were reassuring. The problem started when I opened towelroot to "make it rain". When in download mode, the phone would not boot normally. Actually not booting at all. I gain no access to my phone. Is there a way for me to unroot the phone?
Please help, I'd be forever in depth to you.

Thanx, kind regards Andy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att...w-to-update-to-g870aof2-5-0-keeproot-t3161733

Is this the guide you used?

I was wondering if someone could help me out. A friend of mine has the s5 active at&t and wants to root it so I told him I would look into it for him. Could somebody point me in the right direction? Also, is there a root method that does not require a P.c.? He told me he attempted to root using the towelroot method and no PC and said it would not work. Thanks in advance.

If his phone is on lollipop, OF2 or OF3 not much he can do. Need to be on NG3 or less. See link I posted above.

Back
Top Bottom