• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems streaming Pandora

I'm currently running Froyo 2.2.1 and having problems streaming Pandora. It will work fine for a couple minutes then the audio becomes slow and choppy. Once that begins to happen I can't do anything and end up having to take out my battery in order to restart the phone.

Any ideas on how I might be able to fix this.

Thanks

I have the same problem. I've tried using CM6.0, 6.1, 6.2, and AOSPmod Froyo (not sure which version, exactly). Does the same thing at full battery, low battery, clocked in 500mhz range and at 691mhz. Thinking I may try flashing back to stock to see how well it works there.

It happened to me too! I thought I was having wi fi problems.. I hope somebody works this out, because last fm is pretty weak

I'm currently running Froyo 2.2.1 and having problems streaming Pandora. It will work fine for a couple minutes then the audio becomes slow and choppy. Once that begins to happen I can't do anything and end up having to take out my battery in order to restart the phone.

Any ideas on how I might be able to fix this.

Thanks

I suspect the issue is when screen goes off, CPU speed drops too low for anything but Pandora and everything else is starved out.

I have had better performance by turning Auto-Lock off. It's in Pandoras preferences. This of course leaves the screen on and is tough on battery. I only listen to Pandora at my desk, so no issue cause I'm plugged in.

Another option is to bump your screen off clock rates higher.

I suspect the issue is when screen goes off, CPU speed drops too low for anything but Pandora and everything else is starved out.

I have had better performance by turning Auto-Lock off. It's in Pandoras preferences. This of course leaves the screen on and is tough on battery. I only listen to Pandora at my desk, so no issue cause I'm plugged in.

+1 for this.

I can't really leave the screen on because I use it when I work out and the phone is in my pocket. How can I i bump my screen off clock rates higher?? What would be the best app for that? and what would be a good setting? min?? max??

Sorry for all the questions...any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't really leave the screen on because I use it when I work out and the phone is in my pocket. How can I i bump my screen off clock rates higher?? What would be the best app for that? and what would be a good setting? min?? max??

SetCPU but you have to be rooted. You can set a Screen Off Profile to stay completely up.

SetCPU but you have to be rooted. You can set a Screen Off Profile to stay completely up.

He's Running FroYo -
Hes Rooted.

+1 on setcpu - Love it -
Free on XDA or paid app in market.
CPU widget is also good - Free in market.

Try Interactive 768max 352 min to avoid pandora Skipping
and min 176 rest of the time.

I use OCWidget. Free on the market and works great for me.

I am running similar number to MaloCat. ScreenON 768/352 and screenOFF 480/352. You may want to play with the screen off numbers some given the way you use Pandora. Trade-off is battery life of course.

Same problem - Pandora is choppy and eventually phone hangs. If I decide to use Pandora regularly, I'll try setCPU.

Back
Top Bottom