• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems trying to flash factory image.

thisISjoel

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys, trying to flash factory images on mine and my wife's nexus 5s, something I've done successfully many times before, but running into this error:

Last login: Thu Sep 24 09:51:11 on ttys000

JOELs-MacBook-Air: platform-tools Joel$ ./fastboot devices

0655c5c62298549afastboot

JOELs-MacBook-Air: platform-tools Joel$ ./flash-all.sh

./flash-all.sh: line 17: fastboot: command not found

./flash-all.sh: line 18: fastboot: command not found

./flash-all.sh: line 20: fastboot: command not found

./flash-all.sh: line 21: fastboot: command not found

./flash-all.sh: line 23: fastboot: command not found

JOELs-MacBook-Air: platform-tools Joel$

I recently restored my macbook so I had to re-download the sdk, but it looks like fastboot is working (it finds the phone in fastboot mode), but there is something wrong with the flash-all.sh file or something?

Any insight would be super appreciated!

EDIT: I had to put spaces in between : and platform because it kept changing to a :p emoji.

Your Mac can't find the path to the fastboot executable. You can either move the flash-all script and supporting files into the sdk-tools folder where fatsboot is located or you can add the path to your system variables.

On Mac OS, you'll need to add the "Platform Tools" directory to your $PATH variable. That means opening up a terminal, typing "sudo nano /etc/paths," entering your password, and adding the path of the "Platform Tools" directory to the bottom of the file. Then hit "control+X" on the keyboard, "y" and then "enter" to save, and you're done. Then you just need to run "flash-all.sh" from the terminal.

Source

The tutorial says "platform tools" but if you downloaded the mini-sdk it's called sdk-tools.

At a quick glance it looks like maybe you forgot to put the items in your adb/fastboot directory.

If it says the fastboot command is not found, then you are not running the script in the same directory that fastboot is found.

Thanks for the replies. I ran the commands from lunatic's post and moved all the files from the factory image into the platform tools folder (where fastboot is). Other fastboot commands work (reboot, wipe etc) just the flash-all.sh fails.

I was going to mention that. I've never been successful with the script. I always have to flash manually. Anyway, glad you got it sorted buddy!

Back
Top Bottom