• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with custom boot screen after 2.2

LoPan12

I've tried pushing the bootanimation.zip using ADB, but everytime it just boots with the new bootscreen. anyone else having this problem...anyone with a solution?

Same question for me -- plus I'd like to remove the "Droid" sound. Is this not possible now? (for unrooted phones)

they moved the file. its not at data/local/ anymore. its in system/customize/resource. it is name VZW_bootanimation.zip and that DROOOOID sound is named VZW_Droid.mp3

Same question for me -- plus I'd like to remove the "Droid" sound. Is this not possible now? (for unrooted phones)

to remove you have to plug your phone into your computer and use the command prompt (cmd). if you are rooted you can just use root explorer and delete, move or remove it.

I got this when trying to edit that folder that was mentioned:
Failed to Copy ... to ... : Read-Only File System

r u using root explorer? if you are, then at the top it says Mount R/W, click it and it should say Mount R/O, now try moving the bootanimation

I'm still not having any luck changing my boot animation . . . I don't have write permissions to /system/customize/resource because I am not rooted.
I've tried a few things last night & this morning with absolutely no sucess. . . .
Has anyone figured this out yet?

I'm still not having any luck changing my boot animation . . . I don't have write permissions to /system/customize/resource because I am not rooted.
I've tried a few things last night & this morning with absolutely no sucess. . . .
Has anyone figured this out yet?

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, you have to be rooted in order to change the boot animation. Why VZW did this I don't know and I don't like it.
:confused::mad:

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, you have to be rooted in order to change the boot animation. Why VZW did this I don't know and I don't like it.
:confused::mad:

Thanks for the reply . . . is this a "fact" or simply the best assumption to date?

Back
Top Bottom