• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problems with email on sidekick 4g

Hi there

I just switched to the sidekick 4g last week when tmobile cut the data services to my old sidekick. When I got the new phone I hooked up my 2 aol email accounts to it, but my emails only come through if I connect to wireless internet. When wireless internet is off and my phone is connected to 4g my emails do not come through to my phone, and the emails that I try to send do not go through. It keeps giving me the message "cannot connect to server." I took it in to a tmobile store yesterday, and they said all it needed was a new sim card. So... we replaced the sim, but still no luck. I've also tried disconnecting the email accounts and then reconnecting them several times but that has also not fixed the problem. I also tried the k9 app, as I've heard that some people were having better luck with that, but it still is not working. Also my 4g connection seems to rarely work, and most of the time my phone is just connected to "E." When I am connected to "E" none of the data services work including internet, android market, maps, etc. Very frustrating :( so far this phone only seems reliable for texting and talking. Any input is appreciated.

This happened to me. It turns out they still had my old SK data plan. I had to call two days in a row, which annoyed me...but the Tmo customer service people are so nice I couldn't stay mad that long. Anywho, all is good now. Once they turn the proper data plan on, emails come in within minutes. I would call 611 again.

Back
Top Bottom