• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems With Recording

EnviousEnvy

Lurker
Jun 17, 2017
Hello everybody. I have had my Samsung Galaxy J3 for a while now. It is one of my favorite phones as it is quick, has great battery life, and good video quality. The problem I have involves recording videos. I have recently started to do vlogging type of videos with it, and have noticed that videos are dark in darker rooms (Even with lights on). When I go outside on a sunny day however, the video quality is amazing with awesome lighting. Is there a way to turn off the phone darkening when it records? I noticed this when I took a picture, and it is much brighter than when it records. I tried the flashlight on it to add light, but that is kind of hard when I have to angle the camera to my face. Any tips on how to make videos brighter, or somehow turn off when it darkens videos for me? Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones