• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problems with sd card

andriodadmirer

Android Enthusiast
HELLO I AM TRYING TO PORT CERTAIN ROMS AND I HAVE ONE THAT IS ALMOST FULLY OPERATIONAL WITH 1 PROB THE CAMERA WORKS BUT ASKS ME TO HAVEAN SD CARD INSERTED AND AS WELL AS MY GALLERY ALL BLANKED OUT BUT YOU CAN TELL THEY ARE STILL THERE
SO I TRIED ADDING A FEW LINES TO ECT/PERMISSIONS/PLATFORM.XML WITH NO LUCK

I HAVE TRIED THE CM11 CAMERA AND GALLERY FIX AS WELL SO HAS ANY ONE ELSE RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM AND SOLVED IT YET ?

But try Settings> sd & phone storage> unmount in the settings first and let me know if that helps. i have had that problem before.

If that doesnt work....
1) Camera and some other applications say "Please insert an SD card.."
2) I do unmount the card
3) Unplug it
3) Turn off the device
4) Turn it back on
5) Plug in the SD card
6) Device mounts it back automatically to /mnt/sdcard2/ (seems /mnt/sdcard/ is reserved internally ?? ) and it reports the free space, shows the files inside, etc. (it recognizes it as it should)

HELLO I AM TRYING TO PORT CERTAIN ROMS AND I HAVE ONE THAT IS ALMOST FULLY OPERATIONAL WITH 1 PROB THE CAMERA WORKS BUT ASKS ME TO HAVEAN SD CARD INSERTED AND AS WELL AS MY GALLERY ALL BLANKED OUT BUT YOU CAN TELL THEY ARE STILL THERE
SO I TRIED ADDING A FEW LINES TO ECT/PERMISSIONS/PLATFORM.XML WITH NO LUCK

I HAVE TRIED THE CM11 CAMERA AND GALLERY FIX AS WELL SO HAS ANY ONE ELSE RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM AND SOLVED IT YET ?
Have you tried turning off caps lock? (Lmao)

Back
Top Bottom