• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Process com android phone has stopped working?

JrsBoo23

Lurker
Used a downloaded app to transfer photos ovee to mem card. now phone won't go past locked screen and reads. That error message process com android phone stopped working. s the safe mode option the power and volume? If not what is? And will t swipe my phone back to how I bought it. Is there a way to fix it on a comp even tho I can't hook it up USB way Cuz I can't push yes on USB to comp option?

Used a downloaded app to transfer photos ovee to mem card. now phone won't go past locked screen and reads. That error message process com android phone stopped working. s the safe mode option the power and volume? If not what is? And will t swipe my phone back to how I bought it. Is there a way to fix it on a comp even tho I can't hook it up USB way Cuz I can't push yes on USB to comp option?

If the phone is switched off, pushing the vol down and power buttons will bring the phone to recovery mode (not safe mode). Hold the buttons until you see the Android with the spinning hex globe.

You will see three options there:
reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

Doing a factory reset will restore the phone to original settings, and delete all your programs. It won't reformat your SD card, so at least you may be able to recover some of your apps' settings once they're reinstalled. To thoroughly wipe, do the cache partition first. Press the power button to engage any of the functions.

Once you're done, reboot back to Android.

If you can't select the USB to comp option, then no, you can't use a PC to fix the phone.

Hope that helps you out. :)

EDIT: Just thought of this... once you have everything reinstalled, use Mybackup to backup your apps. If you're not rooted, it will backup only the apps themselves, not the settings or data. But still, this is better than having to reinstall everything from Google Play.

Do try a battery pull and restart. I had my Rise give me this message and that worked, it's worth a shot (if it's not too late).

Back
Top Bottom