• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Processors stopped on boot

kaotik123

Lurker
Hello,
Ok so I have a rooted HTC One m8. It has been working fine for about 6 months no issues. Then tonight it decided to switch itself off randomly and when it restarted it allows me to enter my pin but then immediately shows the error message: 'unfortunately sense home has stopped'. I click 'ok' and it immediately pops up again. Sometimes a different process will come up as being stopped but mainly 'sense home'. This will not allow me to do anything on my phone as the error message repeatedly shows up no matter how many time I click ok.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!

I recently had the same issue. You can stop it at least temporarily by booting into recovery and clearing the cache. Then, when the phone restarts, go into Settings > Apps and find Sense home. Clear both the cache and the data. Afterwards, you'll have to go into Google Play and update ALL your system apps.

I went through this process several times and finally factory reset/reinstalled everything using HTC Sync on my PC. When that failed to stop it permanently, HTC gave me a repair ticket to send in my phone, since it's only a few months old.

I'd love to know what actually caused the problem to begin with, so I can prevent it from happening again once I get my phone back.

Thanks for your reply! So how often would it come up after you cleared the cache?
I tried to boot into recovery with power +volume buttons but it wouldn't work it would just start my phone normally.
I can boot into recovery using adb command. The volume button can cycle through the selections but the power button is unresponsive so I can't select anything. Not a hardware issue but I don't know why it isn't working. Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Thanks for your reply! So how often would it come up after you cleared the cache?
I tried to boot into recovery with power +volume buttons but it wouldn't work it would just start my phone normally.
I can boot into recovery using adb command. The volume button can cycle through the selections but the power button is unresponsive so I can't select anything. Not a hardware issue but I don't know why it isn't working. Can anyone help please?
Thanks

See the link below. I hope it helps:

http://www.smartmobilephonesolutions.com/content/android-stuck-on-htc

Thanks I was able to fix it by swiping down for notifications and then settings and then clearing app date for sense home. Works fine now!

Glad to hear you got your phone working! My problem occurred when I let my phone drop under 10% battery - it would randomly crash and shut down, then take forever to reboot (with the Android is Starting message), then the app messages popped up, making it unusable.

I really love HTC phones, but one I've owned has had some kind of strange glitch like this. Hoping mine will behave when I get it back, and that your problem doesn't come back.

Thanks yeah ever since I cleared the Sense Home data it hasn't come back.
Everything in that last post happened to me. Infact (this is still a issue) my phone will turn off at about 15% battery. I just have to make sure I always keep the battery level above this.
Thanks yeah hope yours is finally fixed too. Appreciate the help. All the best.

Back
Top Bottom