• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Project BlueTooth GPS mouse

caved11

Lurker
Hi guys,
i was digging around the net and found this text and i recreated it on my 10s:

First you have to turn on the GPS2BT widget on your phone (it will turn green). Then run the BlueGPS4Droid on the gTablet, it will open the settings and allow you to pick a currently paired bluetooth GPS device. Pick your phone and it will connect. You can verify the connection to the phone when the GPS2BT widget turns yellow and the GPS icon is shown on the notification bar.

Then just run Google maps and press the "location" button on the top right. It will then show your current location as reported by the GPS. It also works with Google Navigation provided through the Maps app. I don't have any 3rd party nav application as the Google nav does everything I need. For the data side I just use the WirelessTether app on my phone which provides all the data needed for Google Maps. Big thanks to Paul G from Canada
I used the GPS on my LG x2 sinse i lack a gps mouse atm but it totally worked. I was able to use the LG x2 phone as the gps mouse.

The apps BlueGPS4Droid and GPS2BT really are freeware gems!
So we can indeed use BT GPS devices, i would like to find out if we also can use usb gps dongles.

Hope this helps
Have fun!
Caved

Hey Guys,
I installed Bluetooth GPS mouse on My Galaxy S2. Ever since it's installation my GPS indicator blinks whenever I use any GPS dependant application even though the GPS is switched off. Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

Back
Top Bottom