• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Proximity sensor no longer working.

Phil_Rose

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Note 3 through T-Mobile and for about six months now the proximity sensor did not work when I removed the phone from my ear. The phone would turn off when I put the phone to my ear but would not turn back on when I took it away and I would have to turn on the phone in order to hang it up. The other day I got android five installed on my phone and now the proximity sensor does not work at all. I tried dialling #*0#* and pressing the sensor button. As I move my finger towards and away from the sensor the ADC numbers change but the sensor does not change from 0.0 to 0.1. I also installed Sensor Box from Google play store but that shows the distance is 8 cm constantly. I have tried blowing out the earpiece with compressed air and using a lint cloth to clean the sensors to no avail. I've also confirmed that the phone is set to use the proximity sensor in settings.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what might be going on? Any other possible solutions? Thanks all, I really appreciate any information that you might have.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom