• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PS3 Controller Clarification

Phoenix111

I just want to make sure I am understanding everything I have read before I make any additional purchases. I want to be able to play games/ nesoid, snesoid roms on my Nexus 7 with a controller. To my understanding, I can buy a wireless PS3 controller and a mini usb to otg cable, connect the two, then to the Nexus 7, and everything should work. I have read that I do not have to root for this to work.

The one remaining question I have is that I read I need an additional cable that comes with the PS3 (some kind of usb cable.) What kind of cable is it that I need, and where can I get it as I don't own a PS3 already? Thanks for any help.

Hi Phoenix, Any PS3 controller will come with a usb to mini as it requires this for charging/pairing. If your purchasing one new you wont need to buy this separately.

Cheers D.

Great, thanks for the replies guys. So the usb to mini usb cable for the PS3 will come with the controller. Then, the only cable that I need to purchase separately is that mini usb to otg cable, right?

Back
Top Bottom