• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Purchasing a metro PC's Android for my drug addicted girlfriend....

FordMane01

Lurker
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone, first off thanks in advance to anyone who has any good information on what I'm trying to figure out. Long story short my girlfriend of 6 years is going through alot rn. She's f***in up pretty bad and is even on the verge of losing me. She puts herself in some pretty dangerous situations and had been worrying me. She has no phone and is associating with people that I do not approve of. I want to help her by buying her a phone so she can at least have a phone in case of any emergency and so I can get a hold of her. My thing is, I'm willing to buy her a phone as long as I can fully monitor ALLQ activity. Does anyone know the best way to do this? It will be an Android that fits my budget from metro PCS. Nothing fancy. I'm not spending more than 120-140$. Since I'm purchasing the phone I will have access to it before her. So can install anything on the phone. I'd like whatever app or monitoring serve to be hidden, and the ability to turn on and off things like location even the phone itself. Also it would be nice if I could have access/control of any installed apps. All activity, contacts, web activity. Everything. She worries me, but if I can't find some type of monitoring service, I'm not buying a phone for someone if I don't have full access to it. Please any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jt

Call this Helpline service and talk to someone in detail about your situation:
1-800-662-4357
https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
Your girlfriend does sound like she needs help and it's great that you're so willing to take an active step in helping your her, but I don't know if buying her a smartphone is going to be the best way to approach this matter. This is more involved than just taking random, anonymous opinions on smartphones, remote monitoring services, etc on some online tech forum. You should talk to a trained consultant about this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones