• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Putting music on extra mem card

astrohip

Lurker
Have a new 10.1 2014. I added a 64GB card to it, AFAIK it's still empty.

I want to put some MP3 files on it. I have about 25GB of music. Can I simply attach a USB cable and do it myself (create my own folders, etc)? Or do I need to let the tablet "manage" the process?

I'm used to using Explorer in a Windows setting, and managing my own folder structure. But a tablet is new to me, and I have no experience with it.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can do that. If you don't have a great deal of music and you just want to copy the whole lot, lock, stock and barrel, you can put it on the card using any means you wish and Android will detect the music and it will automagically appear in the music player. You don't need to put it in any particular folder. Occasionally you may need to reboot to prompt the tablet to perform a media scan.

However, if you have a lot of music like me and cannot fit it all on your memory card, in the long run using some syncing tool will make future changes much easier to manage but this is definitely not required.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I do have a fair amount of music, probably 30-40GB now that I look. I have it neatly structured in a tree/folder layout, that works well for me. So if I can just copy it, I will.

:dancing2:

Back
Top Bottom