• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Q) Android 4.2 Camera?

mill3rkydd

I found the tutorial here. It says we need recovery, but can't we just move files like how we did with the Google Now tutorial? I think I'll try it.

Ok so I put in all the files and the Camera doesn't work. (No Gyroscope) The gallary works, but if I try to edit, it force closes. Overall, the Gallery looks really nice.

So here goes. I have tried to install the 4.2 Cam / Gallery.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1964804
The Gallery looks great, but FC's when I use the new Camera. As soon as I hit the Camera it dies. "Unfortunately, the Gallery has stopped" I have read up on this, tried fixing permissions and what not, to no avail. I even tried renaming the stock Gallery / Camera files. I tried deleting the Dalvik-cache. Nuthin' . Anyone wanna give it a go and see where I might have gone wrong?

PS: I have tried multiple files from different sources, all same results. I know we cant flash a Zip yet (No CWM / Recovery) so we have to manually copy in the files.

PPS: Someone in a forum mentioned deodex as a possible issue. I know our Motion is currently Odex'd. Is that the reason?

I started another thread about this issue. Same issue here, the Camera FC's the Gallery. I doubt that the Gyro is the issue though. From what I have seen, people with many varieties of android have gotten this to work...

bt it should still work! i own a droid incredible no gyro and it works for the most part just no photo sphere. may a logcat?

as i stated in another thread it should still be able to work. maybe its because we're on ics nt jb?

Couldn't we decompile the .apk and remove the photosphere feature? So it doesn't even need a gyro, then recompile it.

Then we might have to trick it to think it's another phone, but why wouldn't that work? It's all open source right, and I'm pretty sure I've seen people made edit's to other .apks? Lets just edit out the photosphere, and use the rest of the cam/gallery?

just be patient wait a few more months and there will be an app on the market that does the same thing...

or just get a panoramic photo app...those are pretty sweet

Back
Top Bottom