• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q] Noob question: I've rooted and flashed how can I get my phone back to how it was to begin with?

dynamic92

Hi there, I think I may have messed the phone up a little, such as this MMI error message which comes up so I can't use speeddial, or any other # code for that matters, also I can't disable call forwarding, and a few other things.

This must have been the result of rooting, etc. Is there an easy way to get my phone back to how it was (basically how it would be straight from the manufacturer?), bearing in mind I have also flashed it 3 times?

Cheers.

Flash your original firmware back and this will remove root and restore everything to how it was.

Hi mate, okay I'm going to sound really thick now and say how do I know which one to flash it back to, and is there a "safe" option for me to go with that I could use?

I wish I hadn't done it now as I have had some issues since doing it.

Where did you get your phone from? Was it branded?

Hi mate. To cut a long story short, I bought my phone off eBay - it was brand new and sealed in the box, someone's unwanted T-Mobile upgrade, so yes it was T-Mobile branded. I am on the 3 network however, so my main purpose of rooting was to then go on to unlock it, though I soon realised it wasn't locked in the first place!

Since then I have sort of messed it up by rooting then flashing different kernels (I am a beginner and think I must have done something wrong, no major problems though), but think I've caused an issue with this MMI message that comes up for speeddial for example, and I cannot enter any # codes into the dialer at all.

Anyway, please could you help me out, suppose I could put up with the T-Mobile logo if it means the phone working perfectly. Cheers.

Ok if you want the original T-mobile branded firmware, download it from here
[ROMS]Official i9100 carrier branded firmware download for Odin Flash - xda-developers

If you want de-branded firmware download it from here
[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 KE1/KE2/KE7/KE8/KF1/KF3/KF4/KF2 download and Root Guide. - xda-developers
The de-branded firmware should work fine. I recommend XWKE7, I have used it and everything runs fine.

Hi mate, cheers for the replies (both of you).... I am pretty sure I have already flashed using the second one, still had the same problem? Maybe the problem isn't because of this?

So if I do then flash using this, will it also unroot, etc, at the same time?

Yes it will unroot. Did you flash using odin? Maybe you should do a factory reset as well?

Hi mate, yeah I am pretty sure I flashed using Odin. I've already done a factory reset (using the option on the phone itself in settings if that's what you mean)...

Have you tried flashing the stock T-Mobile one?

Hi mate, nope not yet. Do you have any idea why I get problems such as being unable to disable the call forwarding options in settings no matter how much I try to alter the settings- an error message comes up when i try this, and also amongst a few other minor issues, I cannot use speeddial and enter # codes in the dialer since a message which says "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" no matter what # codes I enter, or some other error message which i can't remember off the top of my head, depending on what codes they are. For example, say if I type in #*06# (to find the IMEI, which I already know, but this is just ane example), the "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" message pops up. I have tried different versions of the codes, with and without the *s, pretty much all of them result in that message after it says "USSD Running".

Any ideas?

No idea sorry mate. Did it definitely work prior to rooting/upgrading firmware?

I am going to say I honestly don't know lol, never tried it until after rooting and flashing it, but I am 99% sure the call forwarding problem didn't exist until after the flashing bit, was fine after rooting (I did it the other way round - root then flash, does it matter?)

The call forwardin is not working because your on three. I cant change it either im on three. I think you have to call CS to change it.

The call forwardin is not working because your on three. I cant change it either im on three. I think you have to call CS to change it.

Hi mate, I guessed that might have been the problem so I phone them a couple of days ago and asked me to enter a # code, and as you know none of these seem to work at all for me! Okay, so I have rooted and also flashed 3 different things on my phone, the most recent being I9100XWKE7_I9100XXKE4_I9100XEUKD1.tar I believe. Isn't that a stock one anyway?

Has anyone found a fix for this? I myself can confirm this hasn't worked since I received the phone. (ie. no flash/rooting)

Ok if you want the original T-mobile branded firmware, download it from here
[ROMS]Official i9100 carrier branded firmware download for Odin Flash - xda-developers

If you want de-branded firmware download it from here
[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 KE1/KE2/KE7/KE8/KF1/KF3/KF4/KF2 download and Root Guide. - xda-developers
The de-branded firmware should work fine. I recommend XWKE7, I have used it and everything runs fine.

Hi mate do u know where i can find the same software for o2???

Back
Top Bottom