• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Q) Rooting, is it worth it?

mill3rkydd

So I just got this phone yesterday and I LOVE IT!! Best phone ever. I did want to try avoiding root, but there are some things I like. For instance, Google Now, I don't mind the "Upgrading Applications" screen everytime I boot up. And another thing, I like the fact that most of the bloatware can be removed, but what about things like: Intonow, myMetro, Metro Total Protection, and Metro BlockIt? Should I just leave them disabled and forget about it or would rooting and removing them help? Thanks guys! :D :p

Just go ahead it won't be much of a hassle the only time consuming part is rooting it itself & that only takes maybe 5 minutes, the upgrading applications screen just adds like 5 seconds just keep the bloatware disabled & when you root there's more bloat you can disable, with root you can also under clock your phone so when your not using it you can save battery life

So I just got this phone yesterday and I LOVE IT!! Best phone ever. I did want to try avoiding root, but there are some things I like. For instance, Google Now, I don't mind the "Upgrading Applications" screen everytime I boot up. And another thing, I like the fact that most of the bloatware can be removed, but what about things like: Intonow, myMetro, Metro Total Protection, and Metro BlockIt? Should I just leave them disabled and forget about it or would rooting and removing them help? Thanks guys! :D :p

This thread should help:

http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/613241-guide-wip-apps-safe-remove.html

I just went ahead and rooted it. I love using Google now, and I'm glad I got some useless things off. Thanks guys!

I would say that Titanium backup is one of the best reasons to root. If any app sends out an update you don't like, a backup with Titanium will allow you to revert to your old version.

Back
Top Bottom