• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quadrant score of 1213 on 2.2 leaked update

Jonamerica

I installed the leaked 2.2 update and got it all working. Not being happy enough with how it came out I started playing around with my Titanium Backups and system settings. (I was trying to restore system settings so I wouldn't have to go through everything again.)

I any case, I took benchmarks while doing this, because I didn't want to gimp my now much faster dinc.

On a stock 2.1 my Quadrant score was around 530
With the 2.2 leak my Quadrant score was around 1050
After restoring some 2.1 system files my Quadrant score was 1213 :D

Of course, my phone became a bit unstable.

Somebody with more free time needs to sit down and play around with this. A few tweaks and the Dinc could really fly on 2.2.

I don't get what's wrong with my phone then. My quadrant score after ditching the safe-to-remove junk was under 800. And I know the dinc worked because I can record 720p now.

I don't get what's wrong with my phone then. My quadrant score after ditching the safe-to-remove junk was under 800. And I know the dinc worked because I can record 720p now.

Install System Panel and kill anything that's running - then run the benchmark and see what you get.

Trying but Market's being slow to start the download for some reason.

I still think it's funny that when I installed test8 yesterday right after I got scores just under N1 2.2

Oh there it goes. Let's try this again. Well for starters Sense just immediately reloaded everything I stopped and then Quadrant did an FC. And I got 789.

How's this for the leaked froyo? :D

2111ebb12bf6d4bc6e18b566b7ff8fd6.png

the audio fix is definitely the culprit. i was getting scores as high as 1314, but now i get 797. i need the audio fix though, since i use my phone a lot for music. the benchmark says it's not running as good, but the phone still feels just as fast, and linpack scores are still where they were before.

What are people doing to get such high scores? I haven't installed the audio stream fix yet and I'm hitting high 700s. Some are getting 1200+? I'm doing something wrong...

I'm getting over 1300 without killing any app, have the audio fix, and didn't remove any of the stock apps. To all the people having issues, did you remember to wipe cache and do a factory reset when you installed the rom?

Edit: i was wrong i have the market fix not the audio fix. I was able to get 1070 and 39 on linpack with dolphin running in the background and donwnloading/installing an app from the market.

I'm getting constant 1150-1390 on my quadrants (stock 2.2 leak), compared to a steady 700-800 with the market and streaming audio patches installed.

I've been up to the high 1100s, but I've got a screen shot that shows 1100 (screen shots or it didn't happen, ya know). I've had Linpack scores upwards for 39, but again I think I've only got a screen shot of around 37.

TBH, though, I just didn't like this leaked 2.2. It seemed like there were 5 times as many apps running and they would constantly start themselves over and over for absolutely no reason. Considering that there is a Market fix, a sound fix, a fix for wifi tether BUT you still you'll lose your internal storage... it just seems like a waste of time to expect anything good to come of it just yet. Here in a few days I'm sure it'll smooth out, but until then I will just go back to regular 2.1 with root.

Back
Top Bottom