• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quadrant scores

But your score varies depending on your ROM, kernel, if you're overlooked. I'm running CM7 which is gingerbread 2.3.5 and also have a good sdcard, with sdbooster application, and Chainfire 3D with beta driver and Powerv plugin, and also have the Adobe Flash 10.1 (which a lot of people don't know that there is a working version for Optimus S) so again it will all depend on your phone and how you have it set up. For example, my girlfriends Optimus S that I rooted is running Reborn ROM 2.2.4 which is Froyo 2.2.2 and has a stock sdcard, and doesn't have Chainfire 3D or the Adobe Flash. She scores around 600 on Quadrant.

Upvote 0
Remember if you root, you void your warranty. And do everything at your own risk since rooting can cause you to brick your phone if you don't do it properly. And don't get mad at me if you do end up messing up your phone :).But if you root it, i would highly suggest installing Cyanogenmod 7, preferebly Drews latest stable build, although ath3nos did a great job, but on my phone, Drew's runs better. (you can go over to androidcentral.com and go into the optimus s forums to find those roms). Once you have a rom installed, download an application called Setcpu, or CPU Master, or nofrills cpu, to overclock your phone. When you overclock, make sure "start on boot" is unchecked and find out what speed your phone can handle (all optimus s' are different) and then check the "start on boot". once you do that, your phone won't be as glitchy and it will run a lot smoother. If you want your phone to be able to handle games better (ones that work better on high-end divices) then download Chainfire 3D from the market. If you decide to do this, let me know and ill help you find the plug-ins for chainfire. Flash will help you be able to watch more videos when on the web, its really conveinent to have this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones