• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about 2.2

If the problems are due to Android 2.1 then surely Android 2.2 would fix those. However, if it is a hardware defect or 3G Data network issue then no. Here is info from Virgin Mobile USA Discussion board.

Here are some benefits you can get with the upgrade to Froyo:

-The most important benefit of FroYo is the speed improvement. This can vary per device but overall the device gets noticeably faster and systems become more stable.
-Various improvements to device UI, such as new 3D gallery, camera interface, calendar, etc,
-Cloud to Device messaging that allows users to send apps, web pages, directions and other objects directly to your phone.
-You can now install selected applications onto an SD card to save precious internal memory space
-Latest Google Applications, including a new Android Market with new look and feel.
-Some apps can be updated automatically
-Phone lock by PIN and password added
-Remove wipe and lock support

These features will not be implemented in the M910 FroYo upgrade:
-Adobe Flash support
-Portable WiFi hotspot support
-Live wallpaper
-Car mode application

Yep my buttons work great so far too :)

As far as internet connectivity issues, i've had it dropped twice, which is less than usual, since the update. I just put it in flight mode then back in reg mode and in seconds it works again.

Back
Top Bottom