• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about backing up and restoring

I've got to change phones and I'm trying to find out if there's now any way to backup and restore 2 things that I've never been able to in the past. Nova Launcher & widgets. Is there any way to do that now or do I still have to set both of those things up a new.
Pretty much 100 percent of the widges you can always have on your google play, automatic download. Once you imput the email and select to the google play and type in "Nova Launcher" to it as well. And can long press on whatever you want to chose on your empty blank home pages.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
if there's now any way to backup and restore 2 things that I've never been able to in the past. Nova Launcher
I backup Nova launcher by going into Nova Settings and clicking on Backup & Restore. You can backup locally(internal storage) or share backup to send it to yourself by email or whatever.

Then on your new phone install Nova launcher and restore the backup from Nova settings.

Upvote 0
Pretty much 100 percent of the widges you can always have on your google play, automatic download. Once you imput the email and select to the google play and type in "Nova Launcher" to it as well. And can long press on whatever you want to chose on your empty blank home pages.

I think I wasn't clear with my question. I'm talking about restoring Nova Launcher as it currently is on my phone, not just getting the Nova Launcher app reinstalled on my device. The same goes for the widgets. I know how to get the apps back on my phone from the Play Store but I'm talking about getting the widgets back on my replacement device as they currently are on my current device. I didn't think that was possible but figured I'd ask none the less.

Upvote 0
I backup Nova launcher by going into Nova Settings and clicking on Backup & Restore. You can backup locally(internal storage) or share backup to send it to yourself by email or whatever.

Then on your new phone install Nova launcher and restore the backup from Nova settings.

Awesome! I'll give you that a go. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I think I wasn't clear with my question. I'm talking about restoring Nova Launcher as it currently is on my phone, not just getting the Nova Launcher app reinstalled on my device. The same goes for the widgets. I know how to get the apps back on my phone from the Play Store but I'm talking about getting the widgets back on my replacement device as they currently are on my current device. I didn't think that was possible but figured I'd ask none the less.
Alright, sorry sometimes my mind goes to places . :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones