• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about getting Epic from Wirefly/Amazon...... Please guide!!

taylormah

I will be switching to Sprint/Epic. I would rather get it in store, but paying $350+tax in california would bring the out of pocket cost to $400+ and being a student I can't afford that much in one payment. So at $199, it is either Amazon or Wirefly for me for now (since Walmart charges tax too).

Wirefly does not charge tax, but can someone confirm if Amazon charges tax or not?? Also, buying from a store gives the benefit of walking in and walking out with replacement, but I don't know how these sites handle replacement devices. In case if I needed to swap out out my Epic (lets say even 2 times), which one is easier to deal with??

Amazon has a better name and tested quality service whereas Wirefly qualifies for Bank Of America Add-it-up program bringing the cost of epic down to $149. Any suggestions which one should I pick out of the two for getting my Epic???

BTW, if you just lately received your device from either of these two, can you please post your build dates - just want to see if they are still trying to empty out their first batch of devices or are current with latest batch.

TIA..

my experience with wirefly wasn't a good one. I had to return mine because the screen was coming unglued and the keyboard was wobbling loose. they claim to have a 30 day return policy from your activation, but keep in mind they preactivate them before mailing. so you dont get a real 30 days and in my case not knowing that, i had to airmail mine for $60. no reasonable company would have unstated and unflexable policies like this. the only reason is try to stick their customers. Radioshack has the 250 price without a rebate, but you will still have the tax.

Bought mine at amazon. I still haven't received it. It does suck that I lose 5 days of my 30 day trial period but on the plus side $199 not tax. I've always had good experiences with amazon, I don't expect this to be any different.

It appears that Sprint is the responsible agent for the manufacturers warranty after the first 30 days. I got mine through wirefly and have no issues, yet. But will force a local Sprint store to deal with it if issues arise. Other than slight looseness of the slider mechanism, mine works perfect. And for $199, it is a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom