• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question About Recovery options

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
Do we have to reboot into bootloader>bootloader>recovery? or can we just Reboot Recovery??? What is the best Recovery? I'm looking into 4EXT, does twrp require use of computer?

4ext is the best.

If you get the app, you can flash from within the rom.

If you dload the img, boot to bootloader, select fastboot, cd to sdk-tools folder, plug phone into computer, type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" hit enter.

Make sure img is in sdk-tools folder and renamed to recovery.img

Just reboot into recovery and twrp is fine but I prefer 4ext.

The reason I ask these questions is because I saw a tutorial on YouTube. Someone rebooted into boot loader and then selected boot loader. He then selected recovery. I was wondering if I have to go through the steps, or if I select the reboot into recovery option from within the ROM, would I mess something up?

4ext is the best.

If you get the app, you can flash from within the rom.

If you dload the img, boot to bootloader, select fastboot, cd to sdk-tools folder, plug phone into computer, type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" hit enter.

Make sure img is in sdk-tools folder and renamed to recovery.img

That's one of my questions actually... I know how to install the recovery, but do I have to use the computer to type adb commands in order to flash a ROM or can I just simply use twrp by itself with s-off?

The reason I ask these questions is because I saw a tutorial on YouTube. Someone rebooted into boot loader and then selected boot loader. He then selected recovery. I was wondering if I have to go through the steps, or if I select the reboot into recovery option from within the ROM, would I mess something up?

You won't mess anything up ;) don't be paranoid about it.

You won't mess anything up ;) don't be paranoid about it.

LOL, this isn't really any Triumph, so it's a lot easier to brick right?

Edit: Sorry to be a nag on the thread LOL, I just try to be as cautious I can. Thank you for you guys' help :)

LOL, this isn't really any Triumph, so it's a lot easier to brick right?

Edit: Sorry to be a nag on the thread LOL, I just try to be as cautious I can. Thank you for you guys' help :)

Actually it's pretty much just as bullet proof as the Triumph, just might take a few more steps.

Back
Top Bottom