• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about soft reset

riggerman0421

I am seriously considering buying this phone, all the specs look great and the reviews have been good. My question concerns the non removable battery. In my research I have found that pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons for about 7-10 should initiate a soft reset, simulating a battery pull. Can someone with this phone test this and post your results.

not possible with this phone. the volume buttons are connected in a "rocker" type, meaning you cant press down on both at the same time.

though there may be another key combo that would work for the soft reset. im sure there is, i just dont know it since i havent had to use it.

i havent had even the slightest hint of a problem with my 816. im more upset about the locking of the sd card in the phone, and lack of ability to remove/disable some certain apps. which can be fixed by rooting and installing custom FW.

I am seriously considering buying this phone, all the specs look great and the reviews have been good. My question concerns the non removable battery. In my research I have found that pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons for about 7-10 should initiate a soft reset, simulating a battery pull. Can someone with this phone test this and post your results.

OK, I tried just pressing the power button for 10 seconds and a popup appeared telling me to hold the power button and up volume for 10 seconds to restart so you were absolutely correct in your research.

You're gonna like it. Its a great phone. It's been out for a while overseas so I'm surprised that the dev community isn't very active. Hopefully some of the guys and gals that have developed for other VM phones will hop on to the 816.
Root is available as is the write protect mod so that solves the biggest problem with the phone.
As for community, I've been hopping pretty much everywhere since no site has an active forum just yet. Just a few people here and there.

omg, i feel like a dope, i read your post wrong, sorry! i read "hold the volume up and down buttons at the same time"...

not sure i how came up with that. sirrx7 is correct, and i cant read lol.

Back
Top Bottom